Sunday, September 26, 2010

Conversations With Men: Like Playing Volleyball

I recently was in one of those 'conversation's with a man and it occurred to me I felt like I was playing volleyball! But I wasn't sure exactly how or why......so here was my thought process.....

At first, I felt I was on one side of the net, alone, and the man was a team of 12, so when I hit the ball to the man, I would never know which one would be returning it. For example, I'd serve ('Where did you get that mop, slave?) and I'd get back ('you look lovely today. Goddess')....
But then I realized those 12 men would need to be organized, in their own way, and I don't believe they are. They would all be playing their own 'random' game.

THEN I thought, maybe there are 12 of me and just one man, who cannot handle the constant serves coming over the net. That seemed more likely, and would explain why they often respond properly to only 1 out of 12 things i say. But then I realized, one man alone would probably be more focused and would probably actually return my serves better. Hmmm...

THEN I finally figured it out! Conversations with men are exactly like playing volleyball against yourself! I have no ideas where the men are on the court, but it's a real workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment